Dear Bethany Bulldogs!
Welcome to a new school year filled with learning, growing and partnering together. I am in prayer and anticipation for each student to grow academically, socially and spiritually. It is going to be another safe productive year!
Bethany School is a Future Focused campus, which simply means every aspect of learning will impact your child’s future education. The leaders of tomorrow are located right here on our campus. This year my staff and I have developed a culture and climate of rigorous learning in a safe environment. Your child’s safety is of most importance. Speaking of safety; to date, the Long Beach Department of Health and the Los Angeles Department of Public Health requires both staff and students to wear masks indoors unless you have obtained a waiver from your child’s Pediatrician. Please note: masks are not required outside. We will make adjustments to minimize mask wearing by implementing outside learning during the course of the day when possible. My first priority is student safety, which will allow Bethany to remain open. We did it last year and God will protect us another year.
Our first day of school is Thursday, September 9th and it is a 2p.m. dismissal. AM daycare and PM daycare will not be available on this day.
Below are highlighted events for the month of September;
- All students must arrive to school by 8:15a.m. daily; school begins at 8:15a.m.
- For the remainder of the school year AM Daycare is from 6:30-8a.m. and PM Daycare is from 3:30-6p.m.
- Friday, September 10th is our first Chapel of the school year. All students are asked to wear red, white and blue in honor of 9/11. Our theme for Chapel this year is ‘FORGIVE’.
- Monday, September 13th is Back To School Night, 1st session 6:30p.m. – 7:00p.m. & 2nd session 7:10p.m.-7:40p.m.
- Friday, September 24th PTF Community Kick Off! Starts at 5:30p.m.
Bring the kids and your lawn chairs for a relaxing night filled with information from our PTF Presidents Mrs. Lauren Whygle & Mrs. Dana Stewart. We will enjoy dinner while listening to the Long Beach Community Band. What a relaxing evening to end the week.
Afterschool clubs and activities begin the second week of school. Bethany is excited to have the following vendors on campus this year;
- Monday, Webby Dance K-3rd grades
- Tuesday, Fitness For All K-3rd grades
- Wednesday, MAD Science K-8th grades
- Thursday, Downbeat Music
- Friday, American Sign Language Club
Beginning January, 2022
- Chess 1st – 5th grades (day tbd)
- Spanish Club 1st-4th grades (day tbd)
If you are interested in any of the above clubs please stop by the office to pick up a form.
Thank you for being a part of our 74th year in education. We will continue to make history by honoring God and teaching in excellence.
I mentioned earlier the theme this year is ‘Forgive’. Throughout the year we will talk about what it looks like to forgive, how to forgive and the freedom you receive by forgiving.
“Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.”
Mrs. Tonia Hill
p.s. Just a quick reminder about items that are due before school starts:
- Tuition (reminder that tuition is due on the first day of the month Aug – May)
- Paperwork (see attached)
- Updating My School Worx (through the re-enroll button at the top of the My School Worx page. Thank you to the families that have done the update, you will still see the button at the top, until I stop the process for all. Some new families will not see this button, you need not worry about this.) If you have any questions regarding MSW, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and Mrs. Golden will get back to you.
- The office will be open Tuesday, September 7th at 8:00a.m. to accept tuition and paperwork.