Hello Bethany Families,
Next week begins our 6th week in school and the students are progressing quite well. Thank you parents for selecting Bethany School to meet the educational needs of your child. You are a large part of the success of the school and my staff and I are grateful.
I want to review a couple of areas that will enable us to have a successful school year as we begin moving full speed ahead. Please see below.
Parent/Teacher Conferences (Preschool-8th)
● It is that time of year where you get to sign up for Parent/Teacher Conferences. Preschool parents, you will sign up for conferences at the ‘Sign-In’ table by the preschool entrance.
● Elementary and Middle School parents, please use the links provided below to sign up.
Kindergarten through 8th grade
● Students are required to wear polos with the Bethany logo every day except on Thursdays. Every Thursday is ‘Spirit Day’ and students can wear Bethany approved spirit clothing- for example, Bethany summer shirts, past Color Run shirts, Bethany Merch clothing, anything Bethany.
● Students must have at least one navy blue polo with the Bethany 75th embroidery. If you still need to place an order for this polo prior to picture make up day, it will take up to 7 days. Picture make up day is November 16th
● Students’ outer clothing (sweaters, jackets, leggings, hats) must be Bethany colors; grey, navy blue, white, Bethany orange, or tan. You are welcome to check out the Bethany Swag website for additional approved uniform items to select from.
● Rain gear does not have to be Bethany colors.
● Your child’s teacher will begin enforcing Bethany’s uniform code effective next week.
Drop Off/Pick Up
● All students, Preschool-8th grade, are required to be on campus by 8:15am. School begins at 8:15am and the campus is locked by 8:20am. We are a locked campus. Entrance onto campus is through the main office from 8:20am-3pm. Office Hour 7:30am – 4:00pm.
● Pick-up is 12:30pm for half day Preschool/Pre-K students.
● K-5 pick-up begins at 3pm. 6-8th at 3:30pm.
● If your child has an appointment and needs to be picked up prior to 12:30pm or 3pm, please come to the main office.
● If your child has been absent from school for any reason, they must be readmitted through the front office with a note from the parent indicating the number of days missed and reason for absence. Upon readmittance, they will be issued a ‘cleared to return to class slip’ from the office.
● If your student is absent from school due to illness for more than three (3) days, they must bring a doctor’s note to the office for readmittance on campus.
● Tuition is divided into 10 monthly payments and is due by the first of every month. You have until the 8th of the month before you incur a late fee.
● If you refer a family to Bethany School (preschool, elementary or middle school) you will receive a referral credit – $500 for preschool and $800 for K-8. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the referral.
● There are three ways to pay your tuition; cash, check, credit card, or checking account. Credit card and/or checking account can be done automatically.
● FYI, if you pay the entire tuition in August of every year, you will receive an 8% discount off your total tuition amount. Bulldog Spanish & Music Program It has been my heart’s desire to have both a Spanish and music program included with the curriculum. I am overjoyed as I see the students walking around campus with their instruments and speaking in español. They have such enthusiasm and are truly making a ‘joyful noise’. Thank you for your patience as we fine tune both programs.
My goal is to always work in excellence. It is the school’s 75th year of Christian education in the community and we have a rich legacy to continue. Parents if you have questions regarding the above, please contact me or stop by my office. I am solution oriented and I am always available.
Mrs. Tonia Hill