“You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.” Psalm 86:5
Hello Bethany Families,
I want to take a moment to reach out to you regarding the Governor’s announcement Friday, October 1st concerning a mandate for the COVID-19 vaccine for students K-12 in California. The state has yet to release an official public health order to this effect. When they do I will review it, process its possible implications to our school, and make a decision that is best for the beliefs of the climate and culture of Bethany School.
What is most important is that we all take a moment to step back, calm down and assure ourselves and our community that we are God’s hands. We need to take the time to understand this announcement first and not react.
You know we have been through a tremendous crisis over the past year and a half. My staff and I have not missed a beat and have successfully met every challenge in excellence. Our school campus remained open and safely serviced the educational needs of our students during an unprecedented year. I ask that you continue to support me, as I remain steadfast and confident in our Lord. Please be patient as I await further information from the State.
I will follow-up with more information when it becomes available. Bethany School will continue to take the lead and be the example every step of the way!
Parents, we have successfully made it through the month of September. Students are transitioning and settling in. It is going to be a great year.
As we move forward I want to address a few small areas of concern I need your support in;
- Students must not use their phones on campus – hand held or smart watches. Using phones on campus goes against school policy and is disruptive. All hand held phones and/or smart watches will be confiscated if used during school hours. If your child needs to contact you for any reason, they are able to use the front office phone.
- We are in need of donations for AM and PM Daycare (preschool, elementary and middle school). Fun games, large blocks, puzzles and board games would be great. If your child participates in Daycare and you would like to donate, please deliver your items to the front office.
- Pokémon trading cards and other games are not to be brought into the classrooms. I have noticed some of the younger students playing with them during class and they are disruptive.
- Please make sure to drive slowly down the service road and/or round-about when dropping your child off at school. Some people have driven in the opposite direction down our one-way service road. The staff has also noticed some of the younger students, Preschool through Kindergarten, not safely in a car seat. This is not safe or legal. Make sure to adhere to the traffic laws and car seat safety protocols when dropping and/or picking up your child to and from school.
We have had two prominent assemblies; the introduction of our new Bethany Bulldogs Strings & Winds Orchestra and the 2021 Color Run! Parents you should have received information for both events.
- Strings & Winds Orchestra: There is limited enrollment and it is opened to 4th through 8th grade students. The cost for the entire year is only $250.00. Turn your forms into the front office.
In the spring, we will have a recital highlighting the talent of our students as well as performances from accomplished guests.
- The Color Run! is our annual fundraiser where all monies raised will go directly into our school. Our goal for this year’s Color Run! is for every student to raise $300.00; preschool through 8th grade, but don’t stop there. The more money you raise, the more prizes you will receive and it is all for a worthy cause – our school!
If you have not received a packet or information concerning any of the above, please stop by the office this week.
Bethany Bulldog Athletics makes its debut this week. Athletic Director and Coach Mr. Dorsey and his team of volunteer parents have worked hard with our student athletes and we’ve got talent. This week there are three away games and our Bulldogs are ready!
- Tuesday, October 5th ~ Bethany Bulldogs vs. Santa Fe Springs Christian
- Wednesday, October 6th ~ Bethany Bulldogs vs. Lakewood Christian School
- Thursday, October 7th ~ Bethany Bulldogs vs. Santa Fe Springs Christian
All games begin at 3:30pm. Please come and show your support.
Parents, our weekly Chapel has been AMAZING! The word for this school year is ‘Forgiveness’ and our time together never disappoints. From praise & worship to hearing an encouraging word from God it is the best part of the week. Chapel begins at 8:45am and typically runs for 45 minutes. You are more than welcome to begin your weekend with forgiveness. Please come join us.
We at Bethany School continue to enjoy the freedoms we are afforded as an extended ministry of the church. We have the best educators and staff and we love our calling to the religious freedom of Christian education.
Mrs. Tonia Hill