Let me begin by saying, “Thank You”, for filling out the COVID-19 Daily Student Screening Form each morning and being proactive with the health of your child. Bethany School has remained opened because of your precautions.
With that being said you may be aware COVID-19 numbers have surged in Los Angeles County, specifically Long Beach due to large gatherings during the most recent holidays. My heart goes out to every family that has been directly affected from this pandemic. Parents, I attend a weekly teleconference with Dr. Barbara Ferrer and her team. Last Thursday Dr. Ferrer announced that schools are highly suggested to shut down for three weeks. After meeting with my staff and much prayer, Bethany School will be closed for two weeks. Looking at the bigger picture, we must continue to do our part for our campus and our community. Please see below what we have planned for your child;
- Kindergarten through 8th grade will be closed. Preschool will remain open.
- Last day of school will be this Friday, January 15th.
- School will resume Monday, February 1st.
- We will be closed a total of nine days as Monday, January 18th is a school holiday.
- E-Learning packets will be sent home with your child this Friday, in paper form or electronically. The packet(s) will contain two weeks worth of curriculum for your child to complete.
- K-5th grade will have daily required E-Learning using Zoom (maximum of 1 hour). If your child requires additional assistance please email your teacher to set up a time to meet.
- Middle School will receive specific instructions from their teachers.
We are doing our part in decreasing the spread of COVID-19. It is our goal to keep every student, parent and staff as safe and well as possible during this time. Should you have any questions please contact the office using email [email protected] or messaging in My School Worx. The office will be open for business, please make an appointment if needed.
We look forward to seeing you all on February 1st.
Mrs. Tonia Z. Hill, Principal
Mrs. Diane Golden, Vice Principal